Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Good morning and Happy New Year to all! I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Holiday season. I spent the day at work yesterday and in the evening I was going to spend a quiet night at home with the hubby. But alas, she who does not sleep well all week will inevitably end up falling asleep at 10pm. Looks like we will be having our nice steak dinner with sparkling cider toast for New Years Day!


So, this morning I woke up energized and ready to go for 2011. I wanted to get out and run, but thanks to Mayor Bloomjerk, we are still unplowed here in my part of Brooklyn. What to do, what to do? Ah ha, thanks to OnDemand there's some yoga on TV! I decide to give it a go. Being a yoga virgin, it was not easy and I don't think I was doing it right. And I have realized that I have no upper body strength. Time to find a real yoga class and hit the weights. 


To officially start 2011, I weighed myself! 
Yay! Lowest I have weighed in almost 10 years!


I am very happy to say, that according to my house scale, I am down 27 lbs since September when I started at 181 lbs. Thank you WW for helping me to realize the things I needed to change and a huge thank you to my brain for changing. I can see the difference and my body thanks you too! I think that I will try to get out for a run today as the weather warms up and the snow starts to disappear, oh you know what I am going to run now. Remember what I said about making excuses in my last post! No excuses begins right now, there is enough clear sidewalk for me to run. Even if I get in 15 minutes, it beats sitting in the house!


Someone is aware that the mama-lady is going out...





In other news, I could use some help here. I have decided that I am going to volunteer online as a crisis counselor. I have linked up with the orgainization, IMAlive. They in conjunction with TWLOHA, are helping to set up online crisis support for those struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. I have undergone an intensive training course, I received a $150.00 dollar scholarship from IMAlive to pay for the train but the other $100.00 is to be covered by donations. If you can help out, even a dollar, please see my page right here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment