Friday, January 28, 2011

A challenge and a little more about me.

This blog is predominantly to cover my weight loss and running journey. But I would like to let you in on what I do when I am not running or counting my points.

I am a married mother of two, I have a son and a daughter. Mimi, my daughter, is 16 and lives with my husband and I in Brooklyn, NY. Nanni, my son, is 10 and lives in New Jersey with his dad.

Currently, I work in a call center in NYC. I have worked in another call center prior to this and thought I would never do this kind of work again. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to find a job...and quick! I saw an ad looking for people with call center experience and I jumped on it. I am a Licensed Insurance Agent and I deal with Health and Life Insurance at this time. I have mentioned before, I am a NYS Certified EMT-B, with dreams of becoming a Paramedic. I just need to find an EMT position first.

I love to be outdoors. Walking, running, sitting, swimming, sitting on the beach...I just love it. I enjoy nature. I know it sounds goofy.

And I truly LOVE reading, which brings me to the point of this post. While checking out Barnes & Noble, I decided to check out the site of one of my new favorite writers. As you may have read, I bought myself a Nook Color and I absolutely love it! I discovered my new favorite writer, Heather Wardell , using my Nook. She was listed under Free NOOKbooks, and her book is Life, Love, and A Polar Bear Tattoo. It is a heart-warming story and what some might call an easy read, I personally got lost in the the story. I even teared up. Well, she has written a few stories and I have read all of them! So, today I decided to drop by her blog and saw a challenge. It is a challenge to read 111 books in 2011. I decided to join. I am thinking maybe once a week I will give a little review of hat I have been reading. The challenge comes courtesy of Life is short. Read fast.  So almost a month in and I have already read 6 books, I am ready to read.



Well I hope everyone is having a great January, but I have to run. I have two new books, calling me from my NOOK.



No comments:

Post a Comment