Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 of the New Year!

I thought I would add a post regarding one of my favorite sweet treats! I mentioned in my last WW meeting that I love marble cheesecake. I would buy a small sized one and "hoover" almost half of it without blinking an eye. Now that I have been on WW, I am definitely more cautious of what I eat and how much I eat of it. 


For my New Year's celebration (which I didn't get to enjoy because I am old and I fell asleep at 10pm), I purchased aforementioned cheesecake. Here it is in all it's marbly glory:




As you can see it is divided into quarters, a serving size is one quarter of the cake. A serving is also 12 PointsPlus. Like I said before, I could eat half of this cake and not bat an eyelash. Half of this cake is 23 PointsPlus...23 PointsPlus!!! That's almost my entire daily allowance, even 12 is a bit much. To think before I would eat at least a quarter of this an not even taste it, to be perfectly honest! 


These days, a very point conscious me, will eat this instead:




Do you see that?!?! Look at all that yummy deliciousness on that plate! Guess what...that plate is worth, get this, a total of 6 PointsPlus! Yes, you read correctly. 6 WHOPPING PointsPlus! That is one half of a serving of the above pictured cheesecake, 1 tsp of chocolate syrup (notice how much is on the plate, I don't even eat that part), and a serving of fat free whipped cream. The cheesecake is the only part of that dessert with an actual PointsPlus value. 


The main key to enjoying this lovely dessert is...RELAXING! Relax, eat slowly, savor every mouthful. You will be amazed at how much more satisfying that smaller slice of cake truly is. 


I didn't get a chance to do any running today so I am a mile behind for the year, but there is always tomorrow! 


Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment