Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wishes For A Better 2011

As the year draws to a close, I am forced to contemplate 2010. It has been a roller coaster of a year and seems as though it will end on a high note. I have conquered a lot and accomplished just as much, but somehow I feel like my year will fall short of some of my goals. I have worked hard, but I know I can work harder. I am starting to see some things in myself that maybe even I started to doubt. 


I NEVER thought I could or would enjoy running! I never thought I could lose the weight that has been plaguing my life for the last 10 years. I never thought  I could be happy here after leaving NJ.


So now my year in review:
  •  Started running!
  •  Ran a 5k - Tunnel to Towers 
  •  Ran a 4M - NYRR Jingle Bell Jog  
  •  Joined Weight Watchers - and lost 26 lbs to date!
  •  Became a NYS Certified EMT!
  •  Began improving my HORRID credit score!
  •  Made some new friends: Sheryl, TrixieMelanie, and Carolyn
  •  Made more really wonderful friends (really too many to list) but you can check them out on my Twitter.
  • Became a NYRR member.
  • Started this here, lil' ole, blog.


Now for my NEW and IMPROVED 2011:
  • Run more. 
  • Get out and be more active with friends. (I tend to go out alone.)
  • Find a new job (One I enjoy! If any of you have leads on jobs in the NYC area let me know)
  • Find a 2nd job. (Part-time, can't have too much fun if you're broke!)
  • Spend more time with my family.
  • Help encourage my husband to lose about 100 lbs.
  • Stay more on top of this blog. 
  • Lose another 26+ lbs. 
  • Have a kick ass credit score. 
  • Get ready for the 2012 NYC Marathon! 
  • Take my butt to the gym. (I pay for it, yet haven't gone!) 
  • And take time for ME!!!!


  And to those of you on the East Coast, I hope you are braving Snowpocalypse 2010 well! I have been snow bound with everyone since Sunday, and I am ready to jump out the window. Not to mention my body wants to run, and I simply can't. 


Hopefully, I will be able to update before Friday again, but in the event that I don't Have a Happy and Healthy New Year! Please be safe!









Glitter Graphics Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment